Journey to Forever

Please join me on my journey to Vietnam to receive my daughter Caily.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Princess Caily in her new bedroom

Our friends Saila, Mike and Tally dropped off a big bag of dress up clothes,
and this is what she put on herself. For those of you who don't know, Caily
has a real shoe fetish and she is in love with Saila's dress up shoes. It's
been a real struggle to get her to school without them.

Oh - Yes, it's true. We moved. It was a really hard decision and even
harder move, but we are very happy in our new house. It's much safer for an
active toddler and, I must say, much warmer. I'm not used to living in a
"big girl" house yet - but it's coming. Caily weathered the move like a
champ. She loves her new room, big yard and endless beach for her and
Fergus to dig in. She also likes the fact that she can still have her
breakfast with DeeDee (on skype) and watch ducks at the same time.

The same week we moved, she also started school at the Greenwoods Academy in
Kanata. She loved it at first, now I'm not sure she's liking hanging out
with babies all day long. She likes older kids - they are more fun (i.e.
they spoil her more)... Oh well - I'm sure she'll settle in there once they
let her wear her high heels (and baseball hat).

No comments:

Post a Comment