Journey to Forever

Please join me on my journey to Vietnam to receive my daughter Caily.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Carp Fair

This was a real milestone for mommy. How many years have I gone to the fair
and looked longingly at all the parents with their little ones. My heart
was exploding as we walked around together. Caily loved it. She was really
excited to see all the farm animals that she's been learning about. She
even corrected me when I called a rooster a chicken. "no no - cockado not
bock bock"... But again the highlight for her was the pony rides. I
finally dragged her away after 3 turns. A few parents laughed and commented
that I better start saving for her horse. No kidding!!!

She went on the train all by herself (very brave) but cried because the boy
in front of her was wailing. We did the flying elephant, but she got bored
after about 2 spins (and mommy got nauseous - what's that all about???)
Next we headed over to the food and shared a hotdog and fries. We watched
the roller coaster and she really wanted to go but was too little. She
relented when I introduced her to beaver tails - yummy!!! We almost made it
out of the fair but she had to feed the goats again. Then she turned around
and saw the fire-truck (ok, mommy saw the firemen and dragged her over) &
when we got there she wasn't interested in the truck - until, they opened
the driver's side - ah ha, now we're talking. Up she went and proceeded to
smear her beaver tail all over the steering wheel and control panel... Oh
well...

No comments:

Post a Comment