Journey to Forever

Please join me on my journey to Vietnam to receive my daughter Caily.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Sharing my first "Canadian Dinner" with my new best friend

Hi all,

I know, I know... I haven't been very good at keeping you up to date on how
things have been "state side".. The jetlag, timezone baby and excitement of
being "home" have made it difficult to find time/energy to get to the
computer.

So, here is a shot of Caily with Fergus (my 19 month old + 120 lb
labernese). It's not the best representation of the love between these two.
It's been absolutely amazing watching them together. Caily wasn't scared
of him at all, just a little curious at first but after about 5 minutes she
leaned over and kissed him on the nose and it's been all kisses and licks,
pats and snuggles since. Fergus knew right away that this was his
"charge." He has been so gentle, loving and "paternal" it's weird. If
Caily cries, he's at her side in an instant making sure she's ok. If she's
in her hammock, he actually rocks her back to sleep with his nose. The
other day, I caught them curled up on his dog bed together - man, where was
my camera then... Ok - for you "non-dog people" don't worry! I don't
leave them alone together - though I wouldn't worry about it for a second.
Fergus is in his glory - he has a job to do (watch over her) and he's loving
it...

Fook and Panger Ban (my two Siamese cats) are also enthralled with her and
visa versa. They get really upset when she cries in her sleep. Fook will
cry back at her and this seems to calm her down - like she knows she's not
alone... he also stays pretty close and loves it when she follows him around
the house. Last night I closed the door on her bedroom and when the
monitor picked up a wimper, the two cats were off my bed and pacing outside
her door in a flash. Yesterday, I put her down for a nap and sat on the
deck with auntie jj and the boys. I knew she was fussing because Fook ran
to the screen and yelled at me until I came into the house...

She is certainly the snow white of this cottage!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment