Journey to Forever

Please join me on my journey to Vietnam to receive my daughter Caily.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

First of all, let me wish all you mother’s a belated happy mother’s day.    You of anyone would understand why it took me a while to get this online. 

 

Thanks to all of you who sent emails and/or called to wish me a happy mother’s day.   I certainly wasn’t expecting that – and needed a few Kleenex to deal with the emotions that come from the unselfish love and kindness of friends.   

 

My first mother’s day was very surreal.   My wonderful neighbors Brenna and Jason arrived with their son Owen,  dog Taz and a plate full of yummy food (and a meat pie for dinner)…  Then Caily’s special aunt Jenni and her other surrogate brothers, Ben, Gavin and Malcolm came for their “official presentation of credentials” to the princess of Gibsonia…   they also came laden with food and kisses.    Caily was in heaven with all these people coming to play with her.  No chance did she want a nap. 

After lunch we changed out of our sweats and headed to nana and deedee’s to meet Uncle Frog, Aunt V, baby Clayton (who turns 18 today!!! OMG where does the time go?) and beautiful cousin Jeh – who was her fantastically snuggly self with Caily…  again,  princess C was charming and entertaining  – which is surprising given she had little sleep and was really tired.  So tired that she fell asleep in the “magic car” at 7pm and slept until 6am – with only a couple quick wake ups…  phew – Monday was much better for the both of us after a good sleep.

 

Isabelle, Scott, Pierce and Victor we laughed at your message.   Caily saw your picture the other day and squeaked at Victor.  I’ll start saving points for our trip to Barcelona ASAP…   

 

xoxoxo

1 comment: