Journey to Forever

Please join me on my journey to Vietnam to receive my daughter Caily.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pho Recipe NEEDED

A couple days ago, here on Cat Ba island, I ordered a bowl of traditional Vietnamese pho (fish soup).  Well missy loves it.  Yesterday Caily and I had a girl’s day walking/talking to the locals.  We put U2 (she also loves) on the IPod holder in the backpack (very handy) and boogied into town for the afternoon.  We stopped at her favorite restaurant where she downed an entire adult bowl of Pho – much to the surprise/delight of the waitresses and cook (daughters and mother).  They spent a good 2 hours chatting with us and couldn’t get over how much Caily eats.  After the bowl of pho she downed her 4th bottle (180ml) of the day then crabbed her bowl of dried cereal.   We all had a good laugh.   I gave her four maple candies and she “ta-ta’d) one candy to each person and we took the fourth and left it at their alter as an offering (of course we both kneeled and gave  our thanks to Buddha and Quanyin (my personal goddess) - the locals were surprised/happy to hear this.  They wanted to know if Caily will remember Vietnam and I assured them that she will learn all about her heritage and hopefully the language if we can take lessons in Ottawa.

 

The locals are also surprised at how much Caily loves me already.  A lot of Vietnamese waitresses, shop owners and spa attendants (ok, so I’ve managed to get a couple massages J) want to play with Caily and inevitably when she see me she runs over with a big smile – what a great feeling.  Its also a nice feeling to see people show genuine affection for her and smile/laugh with her.  What a gift this child gives everyone – the joy she shares is priceless…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment