Journey to Forever

Please join me on my journey to Vietnam to receive my daughter Caily.

Friday, May 6, 2011

FW: We're home

 

Hi everyone.   We got to Ottawa at 8pm on May 4th –  with Nana & dee-dee there to greet us.  Yippee – I’m so glad to be home!!!  Now the downside: our days and nights are reversed.   We slept 2am-4am and then from 10am-8pm yesterday and got to bed last night (for our nap) at 2:30am – up at 4am.  Hoping to go down again at 10am…   thankfully Janice is coming today at 9 – it looks like a bomb went off over here and I can really use her help keep Caily awake this afternoon…

 

– Caily’s  pretty consistent with her current schedule:

·         Hanoi Sleep at 10pm – 6am (9am-8pm Ottawa time)

·         Hanoi Up from 6-10, - 5-9 pm Ottawa time

·         Hanoi nap at 10-12 am -  10 -11 pm Ottawa time

·         Hanoi Up 12-3:30 pm – 11pm -2:30 am  ottawa time

·         Hanoi Nap 3:30-5:30 pm – 2:30-4:30 am Ottawa time

·         Hanoi Up 5:30-10pm – 4:30 am – 9 am. Ottawa time

 

I noticed she was ok with only one nap a day so today I’ll try to get up at 1 and take Caily out in the car until 5ish – to try and start reversing the cycle (Janice will be with us in case I nod off).   I’ll try to get her to nap at 5-7 and then put her down again at 11.  Hopefully it starts to work and she’ll sleep past than 4:30….  I’m not kidding myself that this will be a fast transition – yawn!!! Luckily the dog bed is comfortable because that’s where I’m spending my mornings while missy and her “best friend” (yes indeed it took them about 5 minutes to fall in love with each other) Fergus, have the run of the house.

 

If anyone has advice for dealing with jet-lag and babies please email me asap!!!

 

If all goes well, I expect we’ll be fit to start making rounds by next weekend. 

 

Home photo’s soon….

 

Xoxo

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment